Wednesday, February 26, 2014

American Series in All Its Glory: Teen Wolf

Since I've decided to tap into American series on top of Anime and Drama. I planned to wait until I have at least check out a good amount of different series, I'll do a little "recommendation" post. 

BUTTTTTT... ever since last week I couldn't wait to start blogging about this one particular show which I have rejected over and over again in the past. I would like to take the time here to talk about how awesome it is and give the show the credits it deserve.

Instead of doing a full lead review, I'll just do a quick spotlight on Teen Wolf. Mainly my rants about it and how I came to watch it. 

I don't plan on doing this with all my future TV shows, Anime, or Drama posts....Just the special and particular ones. Enjoy!

The Spotlight Corner
Proudly present......
"Teen Wolf is a supernatural drama series that follows Scott McCall (Tyler Posey), a high school student and social outcast that gets bitten by a werewolf and attempts to maintain a normal life while hiding his secret life as a werewolf and dealing with numerous supernatural dangers with the help of his trusted best friend Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O'Brien), and mysterious werewolf, Derek Hale (Tyler Hoechlin)." -Wikipedia



Yes. It's Teen Wolf. For those out there who are already familiar with this show, yes, I know it's awesome! And yes I'm sorry for bashing it before (I know my mistake!)

So why did I rejected this in the first place? Well for a couple of bias reason. 1) I'm not the vampire and werewolves craz... 2) Twilight scared me about sparkling vampires and werewolves. 3) It sound so typical....boy is weak/nerd...boy get bitten...boy suddenly can do superhuman things...boy fights supernatural creatures...yada, yada, yada..
In sort, I was not impressed with the summary and descriptions. No interest what so ever! 

What made me changed my mind? Arden Cho was caste in season 3B. 
 I'm so so bias. I know.

 Now here's come my regret. After a few episodes of season 1 I was hooked! These young actors and actress who I never saw before were so talented! They blew me away. On top of that, the story line was not typical at all like I thought it was. The plot was intriguing and keep you on the edge of your seat. 

I wanted more after each episode....I was so deep into the whole series, before I know it I caught up to the latest episode in just 2 nights! This is one of those gems you find once in a while and you can't help but be in awe.

Teen Wolf goes deep into details about werewolves - their structure, history, packs and rules. Even though it is a supernatural series, it is still a high school story so you have the drama, romance, family and friendships intertwined in there as well. It's amazing how they woven it together so beautifully. From season 1 to 3, everything flows and made sense. It didn't just threw random mysterious events/ concepts into the show and not explains anything (or at least they try not to do it so often). Majority of the time your questions will be answered in the next episode or next season. 

Another thing I loved about the show is that they somehow know just the right spot to end an episode. I'm already caught up with the latest episode and every time one ended, I can't help but cringe and impatiently wait for the next one. 

If you watch from season 1 to the latest you will notice huge, huge development in the actors. Dylan O'Brien (Stiles) is hand down my favorite actor! He perform his role so well, especially with his new role in season 3B; honestly one of the future big star. I hope to see more of him in future movies/series. I love his every expression especially his smiles! His character is fun, wacky and sarcastic. He and Typer Hoechlin (Derek) are so funny together.



Tyler Posey (Scott) took his role very well too. At first I wasn't very impressed with his acting nor his role as the main character. Sometimes his expression seems forced or he has no idea what to do, especially during the romance scene or scenes where he is surprised. The first two seasons he was just a love-struck boy but you can see that his character has developed into a true leader. I eventually came to love his cute facial expressions during romance scenes and bromance (lol).
Haha, just look at his expression~ Love him!
Daniel Sharman (Issac) is cute too :3 Lots of hot guys in Teen Wolf

This is definitely a TV series worth checking out regardless if you love werewolves or not (You will eventually come to love this one though).

What do you guys think? Check out the link above about Teen Wolf~

T-Na's Stamp of Approval
A++











No comments:

Post a Comment