Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 5: Favorite Male/Female Anime Character Type?

Tedwin

If only there were a universal way to make characters suitable for both guys and gals, things will be much simpler. I'm sure you guys notice the conspicuous difference in the type of product made for each gender. To make things simple, Shounen or Seinen for males while Shoujo or Josei for females. Each genre has their own types of stock characters. I've read and view from all 4 genres I mentioned above. So it is quite hard to get a male/female character out of one genre and call it the favorite of all because it won't be applicable elsewhere in different genre. So, I will probably be quite bias on my favorite because I relate more to Shounen and Seinen.

My favorite type of protagonist is the zero to hero type. They are the one that is weak either physically/mentally or someone without any known skills/talents. Usually that character has some sort of inner strength/potential that isn't realized yet or will be acquired it through some challenges. The protagonist will later improved it through more hard work and it become their main strength or extra visible trait that ppl will acknowledge them for.  

akane tsunemori to shusei kagari in those capable akane tsunemori
[Psycho-Pass] Akane Tsunemori went from naïve newbie to strong detective at the end 



gambar eyeshield 21 gambar eyeshield 21 gambar eyeshield 21
[Eyeshield 21] Sena Kobayakawa put his skills to work and became superstar running back.


But there is something about the Tsudere support character that I love so much. I find their mean attitude and hidden love quite cute for their other counterpart. I like female tsudere more compared to the male tsudere....probably cause I'm a dude.

Kaname Chidori
[Full Metal Panic!] There is never a day Kaname Chidori won't beat Sousuke Sagara senseless for being an idiot.

File:Kyo Sohma, with cats, Episode 7.jpg
[Fruits Basket] Kyo Sohma is one ferocious cool cat with a kind heart. I am also a fan of the cats by the way :D

Let us know below what is your favorite character type?

T-Na
Unlike Tedwin, I tends to favor the strong, intelligent, but flawed types (makes them more human-like). They start out cool and end up being awesome. I feel like those types have more dynamic as they realize their flaws and start changing. Mainly I favor the males characters with this type. 

[Haikyu!!]  Genius Setter. Went from being a dictator "King" to a team player by opening up his heart to his teammates 

[Code Geass] Lelouch Lamperouge. Great example of a strong character with flaws. The most loved anti-hero.
 
For female characters, I like the strong, independent types. I don't like the typical Shoujo (cries a lot, insecure and complains a lot) nor the dere-girl types. I guess I like the happy-go-lucky girls. 
[Oresama Teacher] Kurosaki Mafuyu. An ex-delinquent leader who wants to live a normal high school life but just cannot get away from fights.


[Fairy Tail] Ezra of Fairy Tail. Badass and the strongest female in history of all strong female.

No comments:

Post a Comment